Starting an Author Newsletter and Rapid Release Book Marketing | Behind the Scenes Writing Vlog #6
Hello, Book Lovers!
On Wednesday, I decided to start up my weekly behind the scenes writing vlog.
The week started off with me getting ready to press the publish button on my Patreon page, making progress on the second edition of Smarter Goal Setting to a massive podcast fail which led me to work over the weekend. And, to top it all off, I didn’t revise Missing this week, but I did create a plan to move forward after a short break.
So this is what happens when things go from good to bad in the life of a writer.
- My reasons for starting an author newsletter before I’ve hit publish.
- The reason why I’ve decided to set up a Patreon page for The Authorpreneur Podcast and not gone down the route of podcast sponsorship.
- Falling behind in my revisions for Missing.
- My process for revising my thriller novella, Missing and my plans for getting back on track towards pressing publish.
- Rapid-releasing my thrillers and how long I plan on leaving between releases.
- Where I’m at with revising the second edition of Smarter Goal Setting.
- Making improvements to the worksheets for the second edition of Smarter Goal Setting.
- A tech fail which led me to record a podcast episode a second time.
Thank you for watching.
I’m Amelia. I write mystery and thriller novels under the pen name A. D. Hay and I’m the author of Missing the first book in the James Lalonde series. I’m the host of the Book Nerd Podcast and The Authorpreneur Podcast. Right now, I’m editing my soon to be published mystery novels, The Candidate, Duplicity, 24 Hours, and Immunity. When I’m not writing, hosting my podcasts or coaching aspiring authors, I love to travel around Europe with my Husband Roland, drink tea, and eat pizza.