Revising a Mystery Novel and a Short Nonfiction Book | Behind the Scenes Writing Vlog #7
Hello, Book Lovers!
So, yesterday I filmed the video version of my Behind the Scene Podcast Diary for episode twenty, then I opened up iMovie. I found the Behind the Scenes Writing Vlog number six from the second last week in March. This isn’t the first time I’ve dropped the ball on a video blog. From memory, I got discouraged because I thought the content wasn’t useful, but now that I’ve watched it back in its entirety, I’ve realised it’s full of valuable tips. To be honest, this week came on the back of one of my most frustrating weeks ever.
So, I think that was the catalyst for the decision.
- Where I’m at with the second edition of Smarter Goal Setting
- How I revise the second edition of a short non-fiction book and two tools that I use.
- My plans for a Hero’s Journey mini-series on my podcast.
- A Jack Reacher Novel that I love. I never thought I would find one.
- The final leg in my plot-related revisions for my novella.
- How I almost lost my engagement expensive ring.
- Researching while revising a mystery novel.
- A documentary I watched on the UK Police force so I could revise a couple of scenes in my mystery novel.
Thank you for watching.
I’m Amelia. I write mystery and thriller novels under the pen name A. D. Hay and I’m the author of Missing the first book in the James Lalonde series. I’m the host of the Book Nerd Podcast and The Authorpreneur Podcast. Right now, I’m editing my soon to be published mystery novels, The Candidate, Duplicity, 24 Hours, and Immunity. When I’m not writing, hosting my podcasts or coaching aspiring authors, I love to travel around Europe with my Husband Roland, drink tea, and eat pizza.