How to Write a Short Story (Part Two) | Behind the Scenes Vlog #10
Hello, Book Lovers!
After the last video blog, I reached a point where I had a fleshed-out story with a detailed outline. In short, I’m finally ready to start writing the first scene of The Lawn.
And, it’s about time. Due to my excitement, I jumped straight into the writing process in the tenth episode of my Behind the Scenes video vlog.
- Breaking my own writing rules and writing and editing the first draft as I go along.
- How I split my time between writing and editing.
- The steps I take to edit my first draft so it’s more polished and ready to read.
- How many hours it has taken me to write and edit the first draft of a short story.
- Why I’m not worried about hitting my word count targets for this story.
- An update on my thriller novella, missing.
I’m Amelia. I write mystery and thriller novels under the pen name A. D. Hay and I’m the author of Missing the first book in the James Lalonde series. I’m the host of the Book Nerd Podcast and The Authorpreneur Podcast. Right now, I’m editing my soon to be published mystery novels, The Candidate, Duplicity, 24 Hours, and Immunity. When I’m not writing, hosting my podcasts or coaching aspiring authors, I love to travel around Europe with my Husband Roland, drink tea, and eat pizza.