Working with an Editor, A Mini Book Haul, and Creating A Fourth Draft Checklist | BTS Writing Vlog #11
Hello, Writers and Book Lovers!
So, this week didn’t go as planned.
But, that’s no surprise.
All my writing weeks seem to go this way. Sometimes I’m pleasantly surprised and get more writing done. And, other times, I fail to consider certain events as I plan for the week ahead.
This writing vlog was supposed to be a pure editing and revision vlog. Well, that’s still partly true. While I did talk about working with an editor and editing a novel extensively though out this video, I didn’t get much editing done. All of this came down to a decision I made earlier on in the week about waiting for feedback before I continued to finish my fourth draft.
- Rewriting my novella, Missing and working with an editor.
- Why I’ve chosen to wait for beta reader feedback before I continue making any more editorial changes.
- A mini editing-related book haul.
- A tool I use to send my books to my alpha and beta readers.
- My writing and editing plans for the week.
- Something I didn’t consider as I set my weekly targets.
- Adding more notes to my fourth draft checklist.
- How I define a writing or editing draft.
- And, how I divide up my fourth draft checklist.
A Quick Update
I know this is going to sound alarming, but I’ve not been happy with the first book in the James Lalonde Amateur Sleuth series, Missing. My unhappiness has led me to create a third edition with new scenes, improvements to the old ones, and a more satisfying ending.
This week, I sent the third edition, which is titled “Suspicion”, off to my editor. I’m so excited because I’m very close to publishing this new first-in-series novella. And I plan to make this novella available for free to my James Lalonde Insiders reader club.
Thanks for watching!
I’m Amelia. I write mystery and thriller novels under the pen name A. D. Hay and I’m the author of Missing the first book in the James Lalonde series. I’m the host of the Book Nerd Podcast and The Authorpreneur Podcast. Right now, I’m editing my soon to be published mystery novels, The Candidate, Duplicity, 24 Hours, and Immunity. When I’m not writing, hosting my podcasts or coaching aspiring authors, I love to travel around Europe with my Husband Roland, drink tea, and eat pizza.