Struggling to Write When Life is Hard, Procrastinating, and Getting Back to Editing | BTS Writing Vlog #13
Hello, Book Lovers!
Sometimes writing, revisions or editing is difficult, especially when life is hard and your feeling down about those things that aren’t going right and are out of your control. Or, perhaps you’ve fallen into the trap of procrastinating and putting off writing you novel until some other day. In this behind the scenes writing vlog, I get honest about my struggles in my writing journey, and I attempt to get back into editing or revising my crime thriller novella, Missing.
- How I’m revising with editorial feedback
- My revision plans for the rest of the week
- Struggling to write when life is hard
- Procrastination is a habit I need to break
- How I’m using a checklist to edit my fourth draft
- A progress report on editing my fourth draft
- Whether I should resist jumping the gun and start making edits before I’ve finished the checklist
- Distractions from writing.
- If I started editing or chose to stick with my plan to highlight issues in my manuscript.
- A second progress report on editing my fourth draft.
- Whether I reached my target of getting to the end of the first half of act two.
Thanks for watching!
I’m Amelia. I write amateur sleuth mystery novels under the pen name A. D. Hay and I’m the author of The Candidate, The Locked Room, The Lawn, Suspicion and Duplicity. I’m also the host of the Mystery Novel Nerd Podcast and The Authorpreneur Podcast™️. Right now, I’m writing the first novella in a cozy mystery series, and writing the third book in the James Lalonde Mystery Series. When I’m not writing, hosting my podcasts or coaching aspiring authors, I love to travel around Europe with my Husband, drink tea, and eat pizza.