Revision Vlog: Did I Finish My Fourth Draft? | BTS Writing Vlog #15
Hello, Book Lovers!
Some writers love a tight deadline. Maybe, love is too strong of a word. But, tight deadlines have known to be highly motivational. And, that’s where I found myself in this fifteenth behind-the-scenes writing vlog.
So, did I finish my fourth draft? Did I meet my deadline?
- What’s been going on since my last vlog.
- My simple revision and line-editing plans.
- A quick update after day one.
- How I revise or line edit a scene.
- A final day one recap.
- Tools I use while line-editing.
- A useful book for revision and editing.
- Another useful blog post on describing sounds.
- A quick update after day two.
- How I like writing to a tight deadline.
- An unexpected turn of events and a possible change to my deadline.
- A quick update for day three.
- Tips on how to push yourself to do the work.
- Did I reach the end of the second act?
- Did I finish my fourth draft?
- What went on between day three and day four?
- Did the tight deadline work for me?
A Quick Update
I know this is going to sound alarming, but I’ve not been happy with the first book in the James Lalonde Amateur Sleuth series, Missing. My unhappiness has led me to create a third edition with new scenes, improvements to the old ones, and a more satisfying ending.
This week, I sent the third edition, which is titled “Suspicion”, off to my editor. I’m so excited because I’m very close to publishing this new first-in-series novella. And, I plan to make this novella available for free to my James Lalonde Insiders reader club.
You can become an insider by entering your name and email address in the signup form below.
Thanks for watching!
I’m Amelia. I write mystery and thriller novels under the pen name A. D. Hay and I’m the author of Missing the first book in the James Lalonde series. I’m the host of the Book Nerd Podcast and The Authorpreneur Podcast. Right now, I’m editing my soon to be published mystery novels, The Candidate, Duplicity, 24 Hours, and Immunity. When I’m not writing, hosting my podcasts or coaching aspiring authors, I love to travel around Europe with my Husband Roland, drink tea, and eat pizza.