A Folio Society Unboxing and Writing the First Book in a New Amateur Sleuth Mystery Series | BTS Writing Vlog 020
As suggested by the title, in this weekly writing vlog I’m going to take you along with me as I write The Candidate which is the first book in the Rookie Reporter amateur sleuth mystery series. If you want to know more about the series then check out the update video linked in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
In this vlog, I’m hoping to finish writing a 15,000-word short story. Now that I’ve said that I realise that my goal is a tad ambitious because at the start of next week, I’m on a stay a home vacation.
So, fingers crossed that I finish.
But first, I have an exciting unboxing for you.
- I’m writing a new series and my goal for the week
- A folio society unboxing
- Preparing to write an amateur sleuth short story
- Mistakes I’ve made with Missing, that I’ve fixed in the second edition
- Learning from the mistakes I made with missing
- Starting to write my first words of the story
- I’ve made a few mistakes
- Accidentally re-using place names
- My word count at the end of day two
- An interesting discovery
- My approach to writing goals and goal setting
- Some not-so-good news
- Check out my copy of Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton from the Folio Society
- The word count at the end of day three
- This is not what I had intended for this vlog
- A mini goal achieved
- The word count at the end of day four
- Lessons learned from this experience
I’m getting ready to write another scene.
This mug is the “Walt Disney World Beauty and the Beast Books Mug” and it’s still available on shopdisney.co.uk for £18.00.
I’ve decided that I’m not going to write over the weekend. Whenever I set a goal to write over the weekend, it never happens, so I’m going to give myself a break. This means I will need to hold on to this vlog and release it after my stay-at-home holiday and release it sometime after Easter, in April or sometime in May. That way you don’t have to wait too long for the next writing update.
Thank you for watching, reading, commenting and sharing with such enthusiasm.
* DISCLAIMER: This video and blog post may contain affiliate links (marked with a 🌟), which means if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. The commission helps support the website, YouTube Channel and allows me to continue to make content like this. Thank you for your support. All links without the star are provided to help you find the things I’m discussing in the video and are not affiliate links, so I do not receive any compensation for sharing it with you. 🙂